Sunday, June 26, 2011

Overwhelmed

But in a good way.

Yesterday, I got in the car to meet Randy for dinner. I prayed that God would give me a sign that He is listening. Not just to me, but to a friend who needs Him more than I thought she knew. We got sidelined talking to my stepmom, and ended up rushing. When I finally got around to turning on the radio, Blessings was just starting....the song that has given me so much comfort and hope recently. We were only about a minute away from the restaurant, so had I not been "stuck" talking to Vicky, or if any other number of things...I wouldn't have heard the song. I sat in the parking lot while it finished and cried. I know He's listening. I know He hears us.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed, wide awake. Something told me to pray...and I did. I prayed hard. I thanked Him for all He does, and I prayed for answers...even if they aren't the ones I want, I prayed for them anyway. I hate this limbo. I prayed for a friend and her trials right now.

This morning, I logged into Facebook. Sometimes I see blogs on there before I do on Blogger, because I have friends that post there too. I guess they cross post. But I read her blog. She's been struggling with her faith. And I get it, I've been there. But sometime last night she posted that she knows she believes. She posted that some things have helped her to remember that she believes, and that God does love her. I am overwhelmed with joy for her. I know it's still going to be a long hard road, boy do I know that. But she will never be alone. And she will have comfort. I'm so honored to know that what I've posted here, between music and some of the words, played a small part in that.

In it's own way, it reminds me that what we go through does have a purpose. Sure, I'd love to just be able to look at my husband and get pregnant, like some people seem to do. But if I have to go through what I've gone through, knowing that my experiences can somehow help someone else...It makes that pill a less bitter one to swallow.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love it when you get a sign? My faith was put to the test years ago, and I made it out stronger than before. And now, it's being tested again and I'm doing my best to remember that it's all in God's hands. Thanks for reminding me of that.

    We suffered through Infertility for many years before having my son. I had cousins who could "just look at their husband/boyfriends" and be pregnant. But with all we went through, we are stronger for, and I never forget how much of a blessing and miracle my son is.

    I'm here to talk if you need to.

    ReplyDelete