Saturday, January 2, 2010

The best Christmas gifts can't be found under a tree

So, I must admit, this has, by far, been one of the top Christmases. I got the Kitchen Aid mixer, a cricut, and an awesome sewing machine. Not to mention, a lot of time with friends.
This Christmas I got to give my son a family. I have a husband who is kind and understanding, and who loves me and Wyatt more than I can say.
I went to dinner with Tricia Louise, and when we walked into her house, her sweet little girl, my Doodle, ran up to me with her arms wide open and the biggest smile her little 1 year old face could hold. That was teh sweetest moment I have experienced in a long time. She makes my entire day feel...better. And she comes with a pretty awesome mom, too.
I have had a fabulous couple of days with some wonderful friends. That isn't something you can wrap, or put a price tag on. I am really a very lucky girl. I have found my place. I realize that I don't have to measure up to anyone's standards, but my own. I most certainly don't have to fit into a mold that someone else has carved oot for themselves. I can be who I want to be. I can fit into more than one circle of friends. And if one group seems to think I can't, well, then, they are not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment