Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm a slacker (Warning, talk about girl parts! Although not pertaining to me being a slacker)

Sorry it's been a while since I've written. (Although I'm not sure anyone's noticed!)

What a crazy week it's been. We are mostly packed. Now it's just a matter of moving it to the garage, so it can go in the moving van Thursday.

I can't remember if I've posted this or not, but we've decided to buy my brother's house. While we both loved the character the other house had, being over a century old, it was going to turn into a money pit. Plus, it needed so much done just for us to move in. Steve's was ready to go. It's small, but we are just a family of 3, so we don't need much. And it's on 3 acres. So really, kinda an obvious choice, I think.

Well, as it turns out, my progesterone levels were great. Why does everyone keep using that word..."Great". I'm so happy all of our levels are "great". So then why aren't I having a baby? Can someone explain this to me? Because you give me 3 acres, and we will have more animals. I did find out last week that my cervix is almost "non-existant". I'd had a LEEP done a few years ago (they scrape off portions of your cervix) and either there was a larger volume of cancer cells than I thought, or they just took too much. It explains a lot about the blood loss I had afterwards, but noone told me they took so much. But I digress.

The dr at Hershey said that it's not a concern, but something to keep an eye on. Really? Cause I think it's a concern. Ah, well. I go back tomorrow to have another test done. This time they will inject dye into my (almost non existant) cervix and take x-rays to show if there are any blockages preventing Randy's stuff from getting to where it needs to go. Dr says it's not painful, but it will cause discomfort (Enough that they are premedicating me for pain...Hmmm...discomfort you said?) Plus I will be crampy Wed night. Yay! The last night to pack, and I'm gonna be crampy. Go figure. So, I will try to get as much done today as possible. With 4 kiddos underfoot, not sure it's gonna happen, but I will do my best.

Boy, I'm awfully whiney this morning. It's really not all that bad. Guess I need more coffee. Or vallium. I'll take either, really. Or for this week to be over. That would be nice too.

Things in our house really are going well, considering all the upheaval. I think my older brother and I are getting along pretty well. (Although maybe that's because he's getting a nice check from me in a few days...HA!) I'm looking forward to next week, being somewhat settled in the new house, having just a few kids to take care of, and just being able to breathe. I can't wait to see how the schedules pan out, and I will be taking more time for myself by going to the Y. Yes, I will be going with kids in tow, but there is a child care area, so I will still be by myself. Just need to get ear buds for my I-Pod, and download a gym playlist. I did take a deep well water aerobics class, and that was fun. Worked me harder than I expected it to, but that's a good thing, right?

Wyatt has been so much better behaved lately. We've tried to either get him in bed on time, or let him sleep in, and it's made such a huge difference. He still has his moments, but things have been easier.

Well, it's 7:30, time to get moving. Must heat up the coffee and get dressed and be ready for the day. Anyone have any duct tape I can borrow?

2 comments:

  1. Duct tape-I'm always joking about that! And I noticed you hadn't posted for a while.

    Hysterosalpingogram-is that what you're having done tomorrow? I remember that. It's only uncomfortable if there's blockage. I didn't have any blockage, so no discomfort. What's a LEEP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They dont' think I will have any blockage. A LEEP is done to scrape cancerous cells (HPV) off your cervix. Not fun. Not fun at all. Especially when you bleed so much 2 weeks after that you lose half your blood volume

    ReplyDelete