Monday, January 4, 2010

No diet for me, Mr. Mean Dr. Man!!

So....I wanted to know some of the symptoms of low progesterone, so I googled it again, and I found this article. Let's run down some of the issues I've had recently:
  • Inability to sleep at night
  • Exaustion during the day (I had been thinking the last 2 cancelled each other out)
  • Mood swings
  • Had a lump in my breast that required a mammogram
  • *Gallbladder issues***
  • Weight gain
  • Irregular cycle
  • Two possible miscarriages since we started trying
HELLLOOOOOOO. If I go to the dr in 2 weeks and find out it's NOT my progesterone level, you will have to knock me over with a feather.

And, let's keep in mind that many birth control forms have progesterone in them, and when I've conceived, I've been on birth control. Did that raise my levels enough to allow me to conceive? It makes me wonder. I'm almost giddy with the thought that we may have found a very simple solution. I KNOW I shouldn't get my hopes up this soon...but I can't help it. I'm as relieved as I was when I found that I had to have my gall bladder taken out, and it solved so many of the issues I had been having that I thought pointed towards psychosis!! :)

So, for now, I am not-so-cautiously optimistic. YAY!!! I know, I know, don't get ahead of myself...But I just feel so relieved, and like there is a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

Can I just say that I am now back to 2 cuppas/day? :-D

1 comment:

  1. Did you read my blog today-kinda goes into this, though I didn't spell it out. Read it and take the test I mentioned, see if your adrenal glands are overworked. I thought they just produced adrenaline, but they are responsible for over 50 hormones! Having adrenal fatigue contributes to low fertility rates, inability to sleep at night, exhaustion during the day and many other things that have been "wrong" with me, and I see for you too. It's another avenue to explore. One caution-if you take the test and it says you need support, you might consider what we've done rather than the vitamins. I've learned since then that synthetic vitamins might be worse than taking nothing. I'm enjoying learning what we have in common!

    ReplyDelete