Monday, January 4, 2010

Packing....ugh

We are, literally, moving 2 blocks away. Why do I have to carefully pack every last little thing? I'm just going to unpack it in a few blocks. Can't we rent a big sling shot? A pack mule?

On the bright hand, I am getting rid of a lot. Where does all this junk come from? It's not like we've been here that long. My goal (cough cough) is to get one room packed a day. Yes, I have many more days than I have rooms. That's because I know me. Today is the office/craft room. That way, as I pack boxes, they can go in there. It's 10:30 am and I'm already more than halfway done. I also had to pack some Christmas stuff with that. So I say I'm doing pretty well!

I decided to have a packing/moving party. Any blog readers within helping distance?? What are you waiting for? C'mon!

We have our settlement dates/times set. It's really real!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm excited, and terribly overwhelmed. We need to get all this food in our house eaten now, cause that's less I will have to pack. (and, it is all about me :) ) Time to get creative with recipies! I'm not looking forward to that first grocery bill when we move though.

1 comment:

  1. The grocery bill will balance out. Not so sure about the packing though! I like it to a certain point. Once the things that go together are boxed I feel a little lost. Like it'd be impossible for things that don't match to go into a box together! LOL. Glad you are accomplishing much, as I don't seem to be!

    ReplyDelete