Thursday, June 3, 2010

Call me OCD, I'm ok with that :)

Although it certainly is an ongoing process, my Home Keepers' Notebook is certainly well under way. And wow...I feel uber organized! I have a master to do list, a section for weekly planners, a section for weekly menu plans, a section for daily to dos, a section for my checklists, a section for recipes, a section for bill paying, a section for articles of interest, and a section for misc. And, of course, come fall, there will be a section for lesson plans. Although, maybe I will have a separate Homeschooling notebook. Hmmm...That actually gets me excited, lol. My daily to do list is even broken down into sections. Go figure. I don't know where I get this from, but I do think sometimes that it borders on a disease! LOL

I really can't wait until I am only working overnights. I was home yesterday, and not tired, and I got SO MUCH done. I really felt accomplished. I could look at my house, and not be embarassed if someone came over. Not that anyone ever does, but I feel like I can relax so much better when my house isn't cluttered and messy. Mind you, with an almost 5 year old, there's always a mess, but that's ok. That I can deal with. And Wyatt is getting so much better about cleaning up after himself. Of course, I'm getting better about giving him a good example to follow. And I'm following through with discipline, so that makes a difference.

Well, after talking to many many people, I think I'm going to go with My Fathers World for homeschooling next year. It seems fairly simple to organize/follow, without being easy. I still want to look into Abeka, but I have time yet. I should do that while I'm at work today. Abeka tends to be a bit more advanced from my understanding. Which is NOT a bad thing! That's why I'm homeschooling :)

Well, we had another earthquake this morning. This was the largest one yet, 3.1. Which I know still isn't huge in the grand scheme of things, but, it shook the station. And then the phone started ringing and it hasn't stopped!

1 comment:

  1. Use a seperate book for h/s. I did that for Tina and when we had to do the meetings with the county, I just brought that in so they could see what we were using, lesson plans and what days we worked. I also put in copies of work she was doing.

    ReplyDelete