Saturday, June 5, 2010

Femininity/modesty

Well, I did it. Yesterday, I went to the thrift store. I came home with 6 long skirts. Then, I packed up my jeans and shorts and put them in storage. I know, I know, nuts, right? Well, like homeschooling...I gotta stop talking about it and just do it. Boy, those Nike people sure knew what they were talking about.

The truth is, I feel so much more feminine in skirts. I don't mind them at all. This is one of those things that I know some of my friends and family will comment on. And you know, let 'em. I'm not doing this to please anyone (including Randy) but myself. I really feel drawn to wear the longer skirts and dresses. They are cute...And they make me feel good about myself. Noone told me to do this, it's something I chose for myself.

Well, I have a pen pal. One of my online groups set up a pen pal exchange list. I'm excited! It's so nice to get a handwritten letter. Its way more personal than getting an email. I feel like it comes from the heart just a touch more.

I can't believe that in 3 short days Wyatt will be 5. Really, where does the time go?

I have so much I should be getting done tomorrow after church. But, one of my best friends is moving to FL on Tuesday, so I'm going to spend the day with her. Monday Wyatt and I will be home, so I can get so much done then. We have no plans to go anywhere, thank goodness.

Clearly, I don't have much to say today. I'm kinda sleepy. We had a big storm last night, and lightning hit 2 of our trees. Between the dogs and Wyatt, I had no space left on my lap! Then I had to get up at 4 for work this morning. I'm tired and not all here...not that that is any different than any other day!

2 comments:

  1. I keep reading about women that choose the long skirt style, and I totally understand their reasons and support their decisions. I'm not there yet. Don't know if I ever will be, but it's not something that should cause people to freak out, even though I know it does. I think that comes from the baggage THEY see attached to it-so the problem is theirs and they just want to make it seem like yours. I feel that as long as it isn't compormising the Word of God, the individual should be able to choose. Good for you for just doing it!

    ReplyDelete