Saturday, June 19, 2010

Diets and all that crap

It's not like Weight Watchers is a difficult diet. So why am I having so many problems sticking with it? I'll tell you why...It's that dreaded shift work. We get a call at 3am, my partner wants hot dogs from Sheetz, and I get nothing. I don't even LIKE hot dogs, but at 3 am, they look so yummy...and smelling them makes my tummy rumble. However, watching said partner snarf them down does make them slightly less appealing. I could very easily get something if I wanted, but I know those points would taste so much better being spent on ice cream in the afternoon. Besides, isn't it all about learning better eating habits? See, really, being a stay at home mom is better for my health!!!

Plus, I'd get to wear flip flops. All. The. Time.

So, apparently, 5 is an appropriate age to just drop kids off at a birthday party. Who knew? Last week, one of the moms asked me what time she should be back to pick up her son. I looked at her in confusion. Wait, you're leaving? There are 20 kids here! What if all their moms left? Dont' leave. That's not allowed. So I asked another mom last night what she thought. "Sure!" she said. "At Tanner's party, we are planning on the kids getting dropped off". But....but...they are FIVE. I don't know that I'm ok with that. Especially for an outside party. Not that we aren't in a safe area, but THAT many kids? Really? Can you keep an eye on every single one? There are some days I can keep an eye on one 5 year old, much less an entire gaggle of them. This mom will be a guest at Tanner's party, make no mistake about that.

Speaking of 5 year olds, does mine ever sleep? I love love LOVE summer. But I hate the fact that it's still light at 9:30 ("Mommy, I can't go to sleep, it's still daytime!) and his little internal clock is set to wake him up at 7:00. Unless we have plans. If we have plans, he will inevitably sleep until 5 minutes after we are due to leave the house.

Well, our house is officially listed. Pictures and all. I can't wait to get to S.C. and househunt down there. I'm hoping we can get the house we have our eye on (My dad's 2nd house) He's turning it over to the bank at the end of this month, so it will be listed even cheaper than it is now. I wonder if we can put a contract on a bank owned house? I don't know how that works. Do they even do contingency contracts anymore? I just don't want to lose it because we are waiting for our house to sell. That is MY Dad's house you would live next to, Buster! MINE! Our house has only been listed for a couple of days, but we haven't had ANY showings. Not one. The first couple of weeks should be almost non stop! And it's listed at a great price. I really want to be settled by this fall, so that IF we send Wyatt to school, he can start with the rest of his class. SC just has stricter homeschool laws, so I'm not sure how that would play out. More research is required. From what I can tell, there are more resources for homeschooling parents. We shall see.

Until another day, my pretties.....

(Oh, and that other day probably won't be tomorrow. I work uber late tonight, and church in the morning. What? No, I don't recall making any promise to blog every day. Don't be silly)

No comments:

Post a Comment