Monday, February 15, 2010

Better late than never....

Wyatt needs to have chores. The boy gets away with too much. I will start small....He has to put away the silverware when I empty the dishwasher. I need to make up a chore chart, and give him stickers. So many stickers=something fun. Don't know what that fun thing will be yet....Maybe a trip to Chocolate World? Maybe a new coloring book....Who knows.

In May there is a Homeschooling convention. I shall attend. We will see what I find. But the more I really think about it, and the less I listen to other people, the more it's what I want to do. Wyatt already has the basics for Kindergarten. I just have to enhance what he knows, and be sneaky about it. If I sit him down and tell him it's time for school work, then he won't do it. There is so much history at our fingertips, and so many ways I can enhance lessons. I know I can do it. I just need to be more firm in my decision when other people question it. I really do feel it's what's best for our family. I'm a little concerned about teaching him to read. It's such a basic skill, and so very important. He knows the phonetic sounds for most letters, it's just a matter of him putting them together properly. All in good time, my pretty, all in good time.

The boy fell asleep on teh way home, at about 6. Poor guy, he's so worn out. He woke up a little bit ago, and asked to go to bed. Hopefully he doesn't wake up at 5 am ready to start his day! I've taken enough cold medicine to knock out an elephant, and it has yet to kick in. Tomorrow is my day to (somewhat) sleep in. Randy is getting the girls on his way home, so they will all be here about 9.

Weight Watchers is going well. I went to Starbucks TWICE today, and still had extra points at the end of the day. A banana, some chocolate, and a sandwich later, and all was well. I need to plan my meals better, so I don't end up eating 2 at the end of the day. That defeats the purpose!

Ah well, it's still early, but off to bed. I didn't sleep well last night, thanks to this cold. Hopefully tonight is different.

1 comment:

  1. JoJo has chores, but we have a hard time tracking them with stickers and doing anything rewarding. The stickers just aren't that big of a deal to him. His jobs are feeding the dog twice a day, feeding the cats as often as needed, taking his dishes to the kitchen and pushing his chair into the table. Sometimes he helps me unload the dishwasher. Sometimes he tries to run the vacuum.

    He's like Wyatt-if we sit down to "learn something" he goes dumb. But if I just throw things out there in conversation he'll think about it and absorb it. Too bad we don't live closer together!

    ReplyDelete