Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waiting. Some more :)

Well, we've decided to wait until the end of the summer to do our first attempt of IVF. There are a few reasons for this. Some selfish, some not. Now, I'm being positive and assuming the first round will work.

We are going on vacation in July with a friend and her family. I want to be able to enjoy it with Wyatt, and not spend it either awash in morning sickness, or worried about doing something to harm the baby. Plus, with my cervical and bleeding issues, I wouldn't be comfortable being so far away from my doctors and hospital. This is going to be the last vacation we will have for a few years, so I want to enjoy it. And, I think if we are coming back from vacation, I will be able to relax some and allow the little embryos to "stick".

I really don't want to be pregnant during the summer. First trimester, ok. But not the 3rd. Especially if I have multiples, if that's what ends up happening...And that's a very real possibility. (Again, thinking positively here that IVF will take the first time!!!)

And, the biggest reason (no pun intended) is that I want to lose weight before I have the IVF. I want my body to be as receptive as possible. I'm obviously going to gain weight during the pregnancy, so I want to be at least a little bit smaller when I start. And, I want the embryos to WANT to hang around in there. Gotta make it the best environment it can be!

I think this is the best choice. I mean, yeah, I wanna do it NOW. But I want to enjoy our vacation cabin, I want to be able to do stuff with Wyatt. Maybe we will make the vacation in June, and we can do the IVF sooner, but....I at least want to do that first. Selfish, yes. But this is my last chance to be selfish for a loooong while. And it's for Wyatt too, so he can have the last hurrah with us

No comments:

Post a Comment