Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Early morning ramblings

I haven't posted in a while. There really hasn't been too much to post.

I finally have everything unpacked. Put away? Not so much. But all the boxes are out of the house. (I think) I just can't wait until Spring to open the windows, give the house a good scrubbing, and get the kids outside!

There are changes we want to make to the house. *Want*, not *need*. The trick is figuring out which changes we really want to make. There are a lot. But, again, we dont' need any of them. I am determined that we stay out of debt. We can do this, I know we can. If it means waiting, then so be it.

I don't know why I'm not asleep. It's 3:45am, and I've been up for an hour and 45 minutes. I will certainly regret this in the morning. Well, it is morning. I don't even feel tired. I wish I could have coffee in a few hours, but A) I gave it up for Lent, and B) By the time it's made within the parameters of Weight Watchers, it's not even good anymore.

I have nothing witty to say this morning. There's stuff weighing on my mind, but nothing I want to put "out there" I need my girlfriends, desperately. And at least one of them needs me, but, alas, I am here, and they are there. I will be there this weekend, but locked away in a beach house (I know, cry me a river, right?)

Sometimes people make pretty bad decisions. Everyone does it at one point or another. The unfortunate thing is that those decisions can have the power to hurt a lot of people. Sometimes they only have the power to hurt the one making the decision. I'm not sure which is worse. I know that, in either case, the decision maker is usually left with a heavy burden. That doesn't make them a bad person. I think sometimes true bravery can only come when you take the steps needed to fix things, no matter how it may make you look. Sometimes those steps are baby steps, and those are often the hardest.

I know, I'm rambling. It makes sense to me, and I think, once people can get past the garble, they can see themselves in that.

2 comments: